The 2018 Junior-Senior Prom will take place on Saturday, April 21, 2018 from 6:00 – 10:00 PM at The Mint Old Town Scottsdale. Ticket purchases are online. Once you complete your online order, please print out your confirmation. This will serve as your ticket to the dance (orders must be placed by April 18); check-in for the event will take place from 6:00 PM to 6:30 PM. VPA Prom is for current Veritas Prep junior and senior high-school students and registered guests (see below for guest registration requirements). The dance is a closed event—no student will be permitted to enter after 6:30 PM, or leave the event and return. Email Mrs. Christina Bruns with any questions.
Tickets on sale starting March 28.
All tickets must be pre-purchased online here by April 18.
Early Bird (March 28 – April 6): $65
Regular Admission (April 7 – April 13): $75
Last Minute (April 14 – April 18): $85
See registration for details.
REGISTRATION & GUEST POLICY
ALL attendees must have a registration on file, regardless of if another student is purchasing your ticket. Even if a ticket has been purchased for you, you still need to complete the “No Ticket Purchase” registration option. Veritas Prep students and all guests should register online at the site linked here. Non-Veritas Prep Students will need to complete a Guest Permission Form (linked here) as their registration.
Print out your confirmation. This will serve as your ticket into the dance.
ETIQUETTE AND DISCIPLINE
All students are expected to conduct themselves with dignity, modesty, and grace. Students are asked to refrain from inappropriate displays of affection, including kissing and any intimate physical contact, including intimate dancing. Additionally, the following will not be tolerated and are grounds for immediate dismissal from the dance without refund and possible further disciplinary action:
- possession or use of alcohol, tobacco, or any other illicit substance
- failure to follow chaperone instructions
- violation of attendance protocol, dress code, or basic etiquette
FORMAL ATTIRE REQUIRED
Dress code details on this page below.
Prom is a formal and special night for Veritas students to enjoy each other’s company in an unique setting. Our school is committed to the development of individual personality and character through the virtues, quirks and traits you bring to the community. We hope to highlight these personal qualities and to maintain the integrity and formality of the night by implementing a simple dress code along with multiple opportunities to ask questions about the guidelines well in advance of the dance.
If you have questions concerning your planned attire, it is your responsibility to seek prior approval from the school. If you are bringing a date from another school, please help prevent their embarrassment by making him or her aware of the policy.
Students and their guests who are non-compliant with the dress code will not be admitted or will be escorted from the dance. No refunds for dress code infractions. Administrative judgment at the event will be final.
For more information and assistance, please join us at the announced times. As always, you may email pictures of possible attire for approval to the appropriate faculty: Sifert/Bruns/Weiland.
- Hair should be trimmed appropriately. Clean-shaven.
- No dyed hair or hats.
- No earrings.
- Required: Dress jacket/blazer, button-down collared dress shirt, belt, tie or bow tie, dress slacks, dress shoes, dress socks. Tuxedos and suits are optional; vest and cummerbund optional as well.
- No athletic shoes, sandals, flip-flops.
- No denim.
- Shirts must be buttoned and tucked in.
- Floor length or tea length (mid-calf) formal dresses (with at least one shoulder strap and no slit higher than 3” above the knee) or formal palazzo style pants (see below). No visible midriffs or cutouts allowed.
- Neckline must be no lower than five-finger widths below the collarbone armpit to armpit. Low backline allowed if above the natural waist; no visible undergarments. Sheer material may not replace opaque fabric to meet these requirements.
- Palazzo pants must be formal in style: i.e. mid-calf or full length with a minimum bottom leg width of 12”. No cutouts, slits above the calf or see-through fabric. Tops must be tucked in.
- Dress shoes only, no flip-flops. No dyed hair or hats.
- Scarves and shawls are allowed, but only if they are not necessary for the dress/top to meet the dress code. No temporary alterations (e.g. pins.)